Folks that know me know I've never met a diner I didn't like. This one is a notch above, though, so it's safe for regular folks who really do care about clean utensils.
You'll see True Grits on the way to the Hollows. The little place is on Hwy 1431 in Jonestown. There is a True Grits convertible Cadillac in the front parking lot that has been tricked-out only they way people in Texas can trick-out a convertible Cadillac.
I gotta tell you, this is deal steal. We had their "basic" breakfast, which includes an egg, toast or biscuit, and hashbrowns or grits for $3.99. I ordered a pancake to substitute for the toast and they didn't charge me extra. And, they gave me two eggs. It was all really good. The staff was friendly, and they have lots of seating (for the guests that is). True Grits is worth a trek for breakfast out.
They also have live music in their backyard patio dining area on Friday's and Saturday. Perhaps someone will post a review and let us all know if the evening experience is as good as the breakfast experience. -- DW
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment